Series 40 Ball Bearing
Single, becket, swivel shackle head, stand-up
- Ultra Lightweight
- Low friction 2-stage Orbital ball bearing system
- Highest working load in its class
- Low profile and compact
- High performance cleating
- Swivel shackle head for unlimited block rotation -grade 316 stainless steel.
- Stainless steel shackle head for ultimate durability with harsh fixing points.
|Sheave Ø||40 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||9 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||mm|
|B. L.||650 kg|
Total block load. Becket MWL 125kg (275lb), BL 250kg (550lb). Suitable for 3:1 system at rated block load.
Kilogram for kilogram of working load, BB and RT Orbit Blocks™ are the world’s lightest. The unique orbital design allows the bearing to only be in the active areas of the floating sheave. This minimises the mass of the inactive return race and hub.
Weight and bulk are further reduced in the different block configurations. The ball bearing single and becket block has a through-sheave becket arrangement. The result? The lowest weight possible.
Multi-sheave blocks have only single intermediate cheeks and an ultra-light and efficient head arrangement. This gives a 30% weight saving advantage over the nearest competitor. Other brands just link together their single blocks. This results in unnecessary double cheeks between each sheave, held together by a heavy steel channel across the top of the block.
Highest working load in its class
The orbital ball-bearing arrangement gives the largest possible bearing race diameter. This maximises load performance. The proven Ronstan 2-stage bearing system features high compression grade acetal ball bearings and a secondary full-contact bearing. This gives minimum friction across the full working load range.
For comprehensive user instructions, spare part tables, fastener sizes, etc see BB & RT OrbitBlock™ User Instructions (English), BB & RT OrbitBlock™ User Instructions (French), BB & RT OrbitBlock™ User Instructions (German)
Recommended fasteners -
2 x 4mm (5/32") countersunk head screws
- Mainsheet systems on spinnaker sheet on dinghies to 5m (16ft)
- Spinnaker sheets on dinghies, sportsboats and small keel boats to 5m (16ft)
- Halyard, vang and backstay applications on boats to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Ball Bearings - High compression stregnth carbon black Acetal.
- Stage 2 Bearing - Glass fibre reinforced, MoS2 impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks - Toughened, glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Sheave - Carbon fibre reinforced, PTFE impreganated Nylon
5/32" pin dia., Standard Dee Shackles, Slotted pin,