Series 40 Ball Bearing
- Ultra Lightweight
- Low friction 2-stage Orbital ball bearing system
- Highest working load in its class
- Low profile and compact
- High performance cleating
- Composite C-Cleat and fairlead
- Convert to a becket version by adding a Dyneema® link
|Sheave Ø||40 + 22 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||9 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||- mm|
|Pin Ø||- mm|
|B. L.||700 kg|
Kilogram for kilogram of working load, BB and RT Orbit Blocks™ are the world’s lightest. The unique orbital design allows the bearing to only be in the active areas of the floating sheave. This minimises the mass of the inactive return race and hub.
Weight and bulk are further reduced in the different block configurations. The ball bearing single and becket block has a through-sheave becket arrangement. The result? The lowest weight possible.
Multi-sheave blocks have only single intermediate cheeks and an ultra-light and efficient head arrangement. This gives a 30% weight saving advantage over the nearest competitor. Other brands just link together their single blocks. This results in unnecessary double cheeks between each sheave, held together by a heavy steel channel across the top of the block.
Highest working load in its class
The orbital ball-bearing arrangement gives the largest possible bearing race diameter. This maximises load performance. The proven Ronstan 2-stage bearing system features high compression grade acetal ball bearings and a secondary full-contact bearing. This gives minimum friction across the full working load range.
For comprehensive details including user instructions, and for spare part tables, and fastener sizes view in various languages using the following links BB & RT OrbitBlock™ User Instructions (English), BB & RT OrbitBlock™ User Instructions (French), BB & RT OrbitBlock™ User Instructions (German)
High performance cleating
Both Ronstan BB and RT Orbit Blocks™ feature strong, lightweight fibre-reinforced cleat arms. They have a wide range of adjustment and calibration marks, perfect for selecting your preferred cleating angle settings. The race-proven carbon-fibre reinforced Ronstan C-Cleat give secure rope holding with low entry and exit efforts, and are fitted with fairleads for fast action from any angle.
- Mainsheet systems on spinnaker sheet on dinghies to 5m (16ft)
- Spinnaker sheets on dinghies, sportsboats and small keel boats to 5m (16ft)
- Halyard, vang and backstay applications on boats to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Ball Bearings - High compression stregnth carbon black Acetal.
- Stage 2 Bearing - Glass fibre reinforced, MoS2 impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks - Toughened, glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Sheave - Carbon fibre reinforced, PTFE impreganated Nylon
- Rope/Link - UV stabilised, multi-strand impregnated SK75 Dyneema®
|RF2454||BB & RT Orbit Block™ Accessories, , Stand-up base, suits S40 Orbit Blocks™- includes RF134 stainless steel saddle,|
|RF4||Cleat Bases, Swivel shackle base. Suits Series 40 & 55 Orbit Block Dyneema links.,|
|RF40001||BB & RT Orbit Block™ Accessories, , Retainer clip, S40 BB & RT single & fiddle Orbit Blocks™,|
|RF9003-07||BB & RT Orbit Block™ Accessories, , Dyneema® Link, S40 BB & RT single & fiddle, S30 BB double & triple Orbit Blocks™, Ø3mm x ID 70mm,|